- Benchmark instances:
- Instances for the p-median problem are available here
- RW instances for the p-median problem are available here
- Facility location instances can be downloaded from the UflLib. Their format ("simple") is slightly different from ours ("ufl"). We have created a perl script (simple2ufl.pl) that converts one into the other (it is actually a filter: it reads data from STDIN and outputs to STDOUT).
- M. G. C. Resende and R. F. Werneck, A hybrid heuristic for the p-median problem, Technical Report TD-5NWRCR, AT&T Labs Research, 2003.
- M. G. C. Resende and R. F. Werneck, A fast swap-based local search procedure for location problems, Technical Report TD-5R3KBH, AT&T Labs Research, 2003.
- M. G. C. Resende and R. F. Werneck, A hybrid multistart heuristic for the uncapacitated facility location problem, Technical Report TD-5RELRR, AT&T Labs Research, 2003.
- NOTE: The first article above reports results obtained with an earlier version of POPSTAR, which is also available for download. That version can only handle instances of the p-median problem, so there is no point in using it unless you are trying to reproduce exactly the results reported in the paper.
[ main | installation | command-line parameters | output | input formats | downloads ]